New “Normal”s for Acupuncture and Massage Services During Pandemic
Following the guidelines of the government and College of Alberta Acupuncture Association as well as Natural Health Practioaners of Canada Association, we have implemented the following measures for public health and safety once we re-open:
When Booking an Appointment
When you call or email us to book an appointment，we will ask you the following questions:
- Do you have current symptoms of COVID-19, such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss of sense of smell or taste or sore throat, and less common signs and symptoms?
- Have you traveled internationally within the last 14 days?
- Have you had unprotected close contact with individuals who have a confirmed or presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19 (e.g. individuals exposed without appropriate PPE in use)?
Anyone with a “yes” answer to questions above will be asked not to visit us at this time. After your booking, if you start to feel ill prior to your visit, please contact us to cancel your appointment and call 811 if necessary. In these cases, no cancellation fee will be charged.
When You Arrive
- Enter the clinic no more than 5 minutes earlier than your scheduled time.
- Remove your footwear once you enter clinic.
- Sanitize your hands immediately (Hand Sanitizer is provided at multiple places in clinic).
- Facial mask is mandatory throughout your stay in clinic (Mask is provided if you do not have one).
- First visit of anyone after the re-opening may need to fill out a consent form regarding Covid-19.
- Each visit you will need to sign a Patient/Client Screening form.
- Maximum three people can use the waiting area at a time to conform with physical distancing rules.
- Maintain physical distancing between each other at the waiting room.
During & After Treatment
Sanitize your hands before you enter and leave treatment room. Same rule applies to therapist.
Try not to touch or reach the area you do not need to be. Though all the necessary surfaces in the treatment room will be disinfected after each patient.
Maintain distancing at the front between each other.
Try to use Tap method when pay by card.
Electronic receipt can be provided to you if you prefer.
The above rules can be modified any time following the update of rules from government and professional association.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.